Our concept for the new combined Leisure, Community, Library and Children’s Centre is of a fully integrated facility; a vibrant, welcoming and inclusive building which is embedded within the local community.
The Community Hub will be accessible from the park and will become an attractive destination for Wandsworth residents providing the estate with a sustainable community asset.
The key ideas for the leisure centre can be found below
The leisure centre is located at the south western boundary of the estate at the junction of York Road and Plough Road. This significant community focal point contains a leisure centre incorporating, two pools and a splash pad, an 8 court sports hall, a gym and studios, a new library, community halls, a children’s centre and nursery.
KEY IDEAS FOR THE LEISURE CENTRE INCLUDE:
• Creating a facility which will function as a community centre as well as a leisure centre
• Producing an interesting design which stimulates peoples curiosity, but with a clear internal structure which caters for everybody
• Designing an exterior which is welcoming to residents with views into and out of the building
• Using materials which will reduce the staffing and maintenance costs across the lifetime of the building, ensuring it remains a borough facility affordable for all
• Reducing the carbon footprint of the facility by integrating green energy into the design
We hope that whoever needs to use our website can do so easily. We have tried to make it as accessible as possible. If you do have problems, or would like to make any suggestions to improve the site from an accessibility point of view, please give us your feedback.
Change colours and fonts In this section you can adapt this website to meet your needs. The settings you create on this page will be saved for future visits. If you wish to return to the standard settings, click the “Reset site settings” button.
Please note, in order to remember your preferences as you navigate through the site, a cookie will be set.
We and our partners store and/or access information on a device, such as cookies and process personal data, such as unique identifiers and standard information sent by a device for personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, and audience insights, as well as to develop and improve products.
For more details, please see our full polices at: